Thursday, July 27, 2006

Update: A Slight Problem

God has done great things!

Last Thursday after the anxious wreck of a blog I wrote, I opened my Bible and began studying Philippians 4. Why Philippians 4 you might ask. It was by the providence of God that I began studying Philippians a couple of weeks ago and last Thursday I was on Chapter 4. Stopping at verse 7 I realized that my anxiousness about school was more than just anxiouness; it was worry. Worried about not having the full 15 credits I want to take and that all the classes I need to register for are full. Worried about not having the exact funding for the next two years and fretting about having to take out a student loan. Anxious to go back to part-time work, yet again worried about finances. God's word opened my eyes to my sinfulness and complete lack of trust in His wisdom, His timing, His power, and His sovereignty.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 4: 6-7

Meditating on God's word calmed my anxiety and made me realize that God is in full control. He has the reigns and I am thankful for that!! Thank you God for making peace with me, a sinner by sending your Son, Jesus Christ to die for my sins.

No comments: