Friday, July 14, 2006

Ready to Go

Warning: Reading this blog can have harmful effects on the way that you view Brian. Just remember that he is a depraved human saved by God's grace.

Let me give you some background information to help jusify my actions....Three summers ago I took a week and a half long trip to California with some friends. There were both formal and casual events that we attended and to my recollection there were many more casual functions than formal. However, when preparing to leave for the trip I thought we would be in more formal settings. To make a long story short I ended up wearing my casual clothes for days in a row. Looking at pictures from that trip, people will say to me "Wow, you must only own one outfit!"

To this day packing for a retreat, vacation, or a simple three day weekend I am reminded of the horror of my California trip. The thought lingers in my mind, "What if I go to this place or that place, then I better pack some more!"

Tonight as I was packing to leave for California I thought I could conquer my fear of packing too little, but I caved in. Besides what I am wearing tomorrow I packed 2 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of pants, 3 t-shirts, 1 button up shirt, 1 pair of boardshorts, 1 sweatshirt, 1 pair of flip-flops, and 1 pair of tennis shoes. And to think that list doesn't even include boxers, socks, or toiletries! Then in the backpack I have my Bible, four books, my iPod, digital camera, and writing journal. I should probably tell you that this is only a 3 day trip. I am looking for a cure to my sickness, but I know that I might just have to deal with it.

With practically the entire house in my suitcase...it is off to Cali for some cool weather and ocean breeze.

2 comments:

JJ Brenner said...

Its ok Brian. Half of the people in America overpack for vacations. This just gives you another way to relate to girls later on. Me on the other hand, I'm lucky if I only have to wear a shirt twice while on vacation.

Amy said...

WOW! AND I THOUGHT I PACKED A LOT!!!...totally kidding...if you think that's a lot you should go to summer camp and just check and junior high or highschool girl's bag! or the college retreat for that matter....anyways, thanks for the laugh you gave me!