Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Wednesday's Word

RESPECT: to esteem or honor.

Couldn't you hear it roll off your tongue, just the way Aretha Franklin sang it? RES-PECT...just a little bit!

Last week my boss' assistant was on vacation. You're now saying, "so what?" Well, I work in a very small office; my boss (the owner), his assistant (who basically does everything), and two college interns. So the assistant takes the week off, my boss' calendar reads "out all week", and there I was with the entire business on my shoulders (slight exaggeration). To make a very long story short I got to do the assistants job which is much harder than I previously thought.

A word of wisdom: If you don't respect a position, job, title, or status then you should place yourself in the shoes of the one you don't respect. Let's just say that I have a new found respect.

3 comments:

rustypth said...

you are so right! the responsibility that our bosses have is much more than we imagine it to be.

Angie said...

Hey thanks for the link. THat is fun. I don't know how to add links otherwise you would be on there. but THis blog was good. I remember you telling me about this day.

jim said...

Make sure that your kitchen and bathrooms have adequate light sources. These rooms are usually small. They can seem even smaller in size if there is not enough lighting.
www.perusoutherntours.com |

www.plasticmedicalparts.com |

www.sd-homequest.com |

www.seattletourpass.com |

www.solarpanelsonhouse.com |